Welcome to the International Peugeot 309 Owners Club!

• Sponsors

• Sponsors

Just bought a red gti.

Just bought a red gti.

Postby Tessmania » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:21 pm

Hi everyone. It has been years simce i popped my head in here and said hello but I'm back after finally purchasing a phase 1 f reg sunroof model gti in need of restoration so am back for the chat and the help!
Have wanted one for years since i sold my last one and had kind of given up on the idea for there never seem to be any about for sale but suddenly an opportunity has raised its head. I am the first to admit i know zero about cars but from what i see it looks like it will need little or no welding but i suppose it is when you get down and dirty that the reality shows its face. From what i see the car is 90% there the only notable thing at the minute is the inner door cards are missing and i reckon they could be a nightmare to replace. I can't imagine they will be too plentiful. As soon as i get her home (next week or so) i will post some pictures and hopefully find the whole process straightforward enough with no disasters lurking. If anyone has any tips or advice on the dos and donts and where to start i am all ears!
Here's hoping another gti is going to be resurrected!
Tessmania

Re: Just bought a red gti.

Postby miles1234 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:05 pm

Hi , its good to hear you have picked up a 309 GTI , this forum is very quiet now days but put a wanted ad on here for any bits you need . The 309 owners club on Facebook is much busier and you should also post on there . There have been a few cars broken for parts so you should be able to find the door cards you need , make sure you mention that they are for a 3 door or 5 door .
While you are working on it I would check the boot floor for rust and the cubby hole in either corner of the boot is another dodgy spot , the rear bumper support brackets underneath the cubbys are often very weak .
When you get it on the road there will be loads of events to bring it along to .
miles1234

Re: Just bought a red gti.

Postby Tessmania » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:24 pm

Thanks for the reply and the information. I must get signed up to facebook then and get chatting with anyone that's out there. Hopefully there still are some parts floating around yet then for them!
Tessmania

Return to General Discussion