Welcome to the International Peugeot 309 Owners Club!

• Sponsors

• Sponsors

Cooling fan electrics

Seats, carpets, steering wheels, Electrical, Batteries, ICE, Alarms, Immobilisers

Cooling fan electrics

Postby duncanmaclean204 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:29 pm

Im looking for some help if possible.

I am trying to sort out the electrical wiring for the cooling fan. the previous owner by passed everything and wired in a manual switch to control the fan. what i need to find out is

where the wires go from the 2 pin plug connector from the fan?
iv got a couple of cut wires on the blue switch on the radiator so need to find out where to connect them and iv got another couple loose wires kicking about

would anyone know where i can get a wiring diagram for it

Thanks
duncanmaclean204

Re: Cooling fan electrics

Postby miles1234 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:09 pm

There is a small wiring loom that connects to the fan and the thermostatic switch that screws into the radiator , it has a little silver cylinder which clips to the cars body and a connector that goes into the main wiring loom at a connector block behind the passenger side headlamp .
I will see if I can take a picture of mine .
miles1234

Postby duncanmaclean204 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:25 pm

excellent that would be great thanks.

yeah I noticed there is cut wires from the blue thermostat on radiator, there is the cut connector on rad fans so i duno how many wires need to connect to it. a couple of cut wires at the silver cylinder thing and there is a white 5 pin plug with 3 wires in it that i duno where it connects to. could be the block connector your talking about that goes behind headlight.
duncanmaclean204

Postby 309jazzpanda » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:04 pm

The cylinder is a fan resistor, have you got a haynes as the wiring diagram is in the back i will check tomorrow in my loom bits i may have a fan loom kicking about or atvleast the bits to mke one
309jazzpanda

Postby duncanmaclean204 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:19 pm

hi. no i dont have a manual. i was thinking of buying one but didnt want to incase it didnt have the diagram in it. il go and buy one now. cause its really starting to tick me off haha its the only thing holding me back from taking it to its MOT :)
duncanmaclean204

Postby Willsy » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:54 pm

I've got a Haynes manual, I could try and scan in the relevant page if it'll help
Willsy

Postby duncanmaclean204 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:15 pm

thanks, i bought a manual and the wiring diagrams dont have the exact layout of wires on my car. the resistor on my cooling fans has 3 terminals as does the wiring diagram but on my 309 there is more than 1 wire connected to the terminals and i aslo have a white connector that i dont know where is goes, 5 pin plug with 3 wires going to it. if anyone knows where that connects to that would e great
duncanmaclean204

Return to Interior, Electrical, ICE & Security