Welcome to the International Peugeot 309 Owners Club!

• Sponsors

• Sponsors

Interior wiring removal.

Seats, carpets, steering wheels, Electrical, Batteries, ICE, Alarms, Immobilisers

Interior wiring removal.

Postby Rich_p » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:55 am

I’m trying to put together a list of “to do” jobs on the 309 in an attempt to get me working on it again so I might actually get to use it again one day!

One of the jobs is to remove any unrequired interior wiring. Car wiring diagrams confuse me so starting to cut into wires is a scary prospect!

I would like to remove the door looms, stereo wiring, any speaker wiring, any wiring that’s left for the rear wiper etc etc

Do any of these items plug into any multiplugs or straight into the fuse box etc so they can easily be removed?

Or is it a case or trying to trace each wires along the loom and painstakingly remove them individually?
Rich_p

Re: Interior wiring removal.

Postby OhDeer » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:45 am

If you're any good at French then these wiring diagrams are very handy. viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5413

I printed off the relevant sheets and went through with a pencil writing down English colours on each one before I started to avoid confusion :-)
OhDeer

Postby miles1234 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:32 pm

I will be doing the same thing to a few unwanted wires on my Miami , I intend to trace each individual wire back to the fuse box and cut it there . I would not trust my wiring diagram reading skills enough to do it any other way .
Good luck .
miles1234

Postby Willsy » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:59 pm

It's very easy to remove the wires from the plugs with the connections in tact. Maybe worth doing rather than simply cutting as it can be easily reversed and plugged back in at a later date of you change your mind :-)
Willsy

Postby Rich_p » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:07 pm

It'll never be going back, there's been too much removed for that!
Rich_p

Return to Interior, Electrical, ICE & Security