Welcome to the International Peugeot 309 Owners Club!

• Sponsors

• Sponsors

UJ shaft, power steering rack to steering column

UJ shaft, power steering rack to steering column

Postby 34058 » Thu May 18, 2017 6:56 pm

Hi.

I am after a good condition UJ shaft that goes between the bottom of the steering column and the rack on a power steering 1989 Phase One 309 SRD. Mine has too much play and the MOT man won't like it.
Has anybody got one for sale? Or can they be rebuilt?

David

Re: UJ shaft, power steering rack to steering column

Postby miles1234 » Fri May 19, 2017 8:25 pm

Hi , I do not think they can be rebuilt you need a replacement , they do come up on Ebay either used or new . There are a couple of different types - splined or square end I think . I remember Neat car parts on Ebay selling them but they are probably pattern parts .
miles1234

Postby 34058 » Sun May 28, 2017 7:09 pm

Hello Miles.
Thanks for the information about the different ends. I have found one listed on ebay with the square end. I will get under the car to see which type mine has before ordering anything.
David.

Postby 34058 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:53 pm

All sorted now. Found a NOS one. In my opinion worth the extra cost to get a genuine one. If I am allowed to give a mention, it came from Peugeot Parts Specalists in Yorkshire. No connection with the firm, just a satisfied customer.

Passed the MOT test this morning. On the road for another year.

Alternator belt failed just as I left home to drive to the test centre. Sod's law! Luckily I had a spare in the boot, and as I have a good rapport with the guys at the test centre, they lent me some spanners. I fitted the new belt whilst the car was up on the ramp, prior to the test. Now that's what I call service.

On my way home I found the remains of the belt lying in the road about 200 yards from my house!

David.

Postby miles1234 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:09 pm

Sounds like you got the part from Dean Hunter , he's an excellent source of parts . I have lost a couple of fan belts over the years , if you have power steering the belt runs in front of the big bolt that tightens the alternator , because of the belt you cannot get a ring spanner on it so I carry a T50 Torx ended allen key type wrench to nip it up .
miles1234

Return to Parts - Wanted