Welcome to the International Peugeot 309 Owners Club!

• Sponsors

• Sponsors

Mad-Pug, - F40UHN

Let us know how your Peugeot 309 is looking

Postby MAD-PUG » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:51 am

Cheviot Stages tomorrow, so if anybody is around the Otterburn area, drop in and say "Hello"

This was our previous outing; the Pendragon Rally
MAD-PUG

Postby MAD-PUG » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:46 pm

"... another shell bites the dust."

After a couple of clear runs on the Turnbull & Pendragon, we headed to Otterburn for the Cheviot Stages. Normally, scrutineering is plain sailing, but in a world class piece of nitpicking, the scrutineer confiscated the HANS I had used on the Pendragon because "it didn't have an FIA sticker".

Sunday morning was cold & misty, with low cloud on the hills, but visibility on stage 2 was down to about 10 - 20 meters, but Craig was spot-on with the notes, even when we could hardly see the road ahead. It was a 12 mile stage and we set 37th fastest time, which we reckon was a pretty good time for first run on Otterburn in an almost standard car.

Unfortunately it all came to an end on Stage 4. A fast downhill section over crest, into a right / left, - we were catching the car in front, and maybe that distracted me, but entered the corner too fast and fell off the road on the left-hander. The car rolled, (I think) 4 or 5 times and landed right way up. Game over! We were in good company, Peter Taylor entered the stage leading the rally, and went off at the same spot. The difference was that he shot straight off the road, and flew "Dukes of Hazzard" style for about 50 metres. Ross Fernie was also in a river another 100m down the road.

The shell is well wrecked; the LH inner wheel arch got pushed in far enough to buckle the strut brace, and the tunnel is buckled, so the old silver shell will soon be called up for action.
MAD-PUG

Postby harley1200 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:01 pm

you dont seam to have much luck
hope it goes better for you with the new shell
harley1200

Postby Connor » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:04 pm

Hi i was servicing at the Otterburn rally, and came over for a look and spoke to someone briefly about it.
I see you had and off and it said you rolled? Hope your ok and the damage wasn't too bad.
I watched you off the start and managed to get a quick snap off the first stage line. We was very busy helping out other teams as lots of people had offs and problems.
The attachment Picture 6.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
Picture 6.jpg
Connor

Postby 309jazzpanda » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:01 pm

So mull next year?
why do i keep finding holes? where's the galv?
309jazzpanda

Previous

Return to Cars