Welcome to the International Peugeot 309 Owners Club!

• Sponsors

• Sponsors

Hi I'm new

Introduce yourself, tell us about you and your motor

Hi I'm new

Postby Celticrsmith309 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:42 am

Hi all

I'm new to the forum and do not have a 309, yet. I joined because I want to find out as much as possible before I buy one.

My 1st car was indeed a 309, although it was just a 1.3 glx? But I always wanted the gti but simply could not afford the insurance, or the car to be fair.
I want one as a second car rather than the daily commuter and something I can keep forever therefore trying to find out as much as possible. The wife says I can get one when I'm 50 (I'm 32!!!) but I'm trying to tell her it's a modern day classic (which she disagrees) and that it would be an 'investment'.....again, she's disagreeing.

I'm undecided whether to go down the standard gti or got for the goodwood model, thoughts?

Anyways, hope to be around a bit and maybe pick up my own gti sometime

Thanks
Rikky
Celticrsmith309

Re: Hi I'm new

Postby miles1234 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:57 pm

Hi welcome to the forum , hope you find a nice 309 . There are not so many up for sale recently , people are hanging onto them now as there is a lot of interest in these cars .Keep checking E-bay , Gumtree , Pistonheads , PSCUK and 205 GTI drivers , I am sure a few will come up for sale this winter .
miles1234

Re: Hi I'm new

Postby Celticrsmith309 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:23 am

Thanks Miles

I'm currently researching as much as I can. Several years back i chickened out of the opportunity to buy a black gti and opted for something more sensible and reliable, more fool me :-(

The wife's really not keen as it's not a 'classic car' but I'll turn her around eventually lol.
Celticrsmith309

Return to Newbies