Welcome to the International Peugeot 309 Owners Club!

• Sponsors

• Sponsors

309 GTI Goodwood suspension and brake rebuild

Let us know how you getting on with you Peugeot 309, what have you replaced, what are you planning to do, etc

Re: 309 GTI Goodwood suspension and brake rebuild

Postby miles1234 » Sat May 14, 2016 11:06 pm

I think the brand new fuel pressure gauge is faulty , when I connect it and pressurise the fuel system my footpump reads 3 bar and the new gauge reads 2.4 so it looks like it is under reading .
The Goodwood is out of the garage , taxed and on the road now , took it down to Basingstoke on Adrians PSCUK display .Picked up some powder coated parts from Eddie while I was there .
Put a new ignition timing sticker on the repainted air flow meter this week , that's about all I have had to do to the Goodwood recently .
miles1234

Postby miles1234 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:12 pm

Got a nice dent in my roof this week when some kids threw a 5 inch piece of concrete over a wall , fortunately it bounced off and landed on the floor without touching another panel but will need to get it sorted out . Some of the lacquer on the roof has cracked and gone white over the last couple of years so I have been planning to get the roof resprayed anyway so I will get them to sort the dent at the same time .
Started the engine on the morning of the retro show and noticed my oil pressure had disappeared on my gauge . The warning light did not come on so I drove the car as usual and when I had some spare time I pulled the spade end connector off the sender and using an extension piece of wire touched it to earth , the needle shot round to max so the fault is with the sender .I have a spare new unit so will try to fit it soon .
miles1234

Postby miles1234 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:25 pm

Took the Goodwood for its MOT today , passed with no issues so I am good for another year .Only cost £25 as well so dirt cheap really .
miles1234

Postby miles1234 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:59 pm

Might be getting the Goodwoods roof sprayed this winter as Eddie has found a bodyshop close to him that would be happy to take on a 309 and the cost does not seem too bad , London prices for anything are just too high . Might get them to sort out the tiny rust spot on the door while they have the car .
miles1234

Postby miles1234 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:41 pm

Drove my Goodwood round to my garage today , I removed the alternator and then swapped the pulley and fan on it for some freshly plated parts , also replaced the PAS pump pulley . While it was off I replaced the faulty oil pressure sensor with a new Motaquip part and my gauge is now working ok .
miles1234

Postby miles1234 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:29 pm

The Goodwood would normally be stored away for the winter today but I am taking it to Goodwood this weekend for 'hot hatch Sunday' so I have taxed it for another 6 months . I have found a bodyshop much closer to home ( 8 miles ) and took the Goodwood over there on Friday , he is going to do some paintwork for me some time next week , he will pull out most of the dent in the roof , fill the rest of it then spray the roof and sort out the rust bubble on the drivers door as well . As soon as I get the 309 back from Sussex I will be removing the sunroof trims , aerial and sliding glass roof plus the badge and side trim on the door so its ready to be worked on when a space at the bodyshop opens up .
miles1234

Postby miles1234 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:28 pm

Couldn't make it to Goodwood for 'hot hatch Sunday' , had a few things going on at home but the main reason was that I got the call from painter who wanted my 309 into his workshop on Monday so I had to strip lots of trim off to get it ready for the work .
Picked up my Goodwood today and he has done a great job , the dents in the roof were pulled out then filled and the roof and top of the tailgate were painted and lacquered . The small spot of rust on the drivers door that has been there since I bought it 6+ years ago was sorted out and painted , the scratches near the side indicator and the dodgy paint around it were also blended in . I had removed the indicator , Goodwood badge and the side trim panels on the door and front wing so the paint join line could be hidden underneath them , Chris the painter removed the lower silver coach stripe and sprayed up to that point then fitted a new stripe .
I had a spare Goodwood front grille that was a bit chipped so I got him to paint and lacquer that as well so I now have a spare .
The 309 now looks as good as it ever has in my ownership and all I need to do now is sort out the 2 small dents in a panel caused by someone opening their door into me .
miles1234

Postby miles1234 » Fri May 19, 2017 9:09 pm

Got the Goodwood out of hibernation in early May as usual and taxed it for 6 months , will be using it until my 309 turbo cup replica is finished . Gave the Goodwood an oil and filter change then drained and flushed the cooling system then refilled it with new antifreeze . Took it along to the usual first car show of the year - the Basingstoke festival of motor transport .
miles1234

Previous

Return to Work in Progress