[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Welcome to the International Peugeot 309 Owners Club! • View topic - 309 GTI total rebuild into race replica

Welcome to the International Peugeot 309 Owners Club!

• Sponsors

• Sponsors

309 GTI total rebuild into race replica

Let us know how you getting on with you Peugeot 309, what have you replaced, what are you planning to do, etc

309 GTI total rebuild into race replica

Postby miles1234 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:41 pm

miles1234

Postby miles1234 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:45 pm

This is the car as delivered , a nice selection of go faster goodies , Lockwood clocks , slimline side indicators , Gutmann grille , colour coded dash etc .
Not too many 309's about with a tow bar fitted .
miles1234

Postby miles1234 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:55 pm

This is a long term project to turn this 309 into a replica of this 309 GTI Turbo , i hope Sander does not mind me using the photo from his post regarding the rebuild he is doing to his own genuine racecar .I am going to build it as a road car so i will not be going too mad on the suspension or engine , a GTI 6 or MI 16 will be enough .Its tempting to go for the stripped interior and cage but i want to take the kids to shows with me so a Goodwood leather interior will probably go into a standard cabin .
This is going to take years so be patient , the updates on here will be small but regular . The front end and engine rebuild on the Goodwood take my attention first this winter then i will start on this .
miles1234

Postby miles1234 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:11 pm

Thanks to Sander i have the details of a French company that makes the front spoiler fitted to this model , i don't think i will trust that to the postman , i will have to get a friend who speaks French to give them a call and see if they are ever in the UK .
They are and make bits for many models not just Peugeot .
An almost identical Speedline wheel is still available , the SL 434 is 6.75 x 15 and you can get it in white .
miles1234

Postby Rich_p » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:24 am

Is it this place?

Rich_p

Postby miles1234 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:40 am

miles1234

Postby Rich_p » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:19 am

another here

If you ever want help tracking bits down on the net give me a shout, I'm a bit geeky and like trying to find stuff!

Took delivery of another new arb bush yesterday which are NLA from Peugeot!
Rich_p

Postby miles1234 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:01 am

Front and rear bumpers are now off , the rear was easy and of course revealed rusted away side mounts . The front took 2 hours to undo the 8 bolts which were rusted solid .Some rust on the front panel and a dent in the crossmember but nothing terminal .
miles1234

Postby harley1200 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:37 pm

i like that bumper as well,just seams strange it has indicatores in it when the indicator lamps are still on the car.
got a set of those round headlights in the garage so if i fitted this i could use them.wonder what the indicator lights are off?
let me know the price and if i have some spare funds maybe we can buy together and get a discount
harley1200

Postby miles1234 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:10 pm

To be honest i just assumed that they were dummy lenses or even stickers , but looking more closely at them they could be working lights . I will not be copying that feature , i may have stickers in their place to make them look the same .
miles1234

Next

Return to Work in Progress