Welcome to the International Peugeot 309 Owners Club!

• Sponsors

• Sponsors

Peugeot 306 LX HDI Estate (The Bus)

Peugeot 306 LX HDI Estate (The Bus)

Postby Stu83 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:11 am

Hi all,

I'm not sure how this car will go down as its not a 309, but never the less its still a Peugeot.

I have actually owned this for 15 months and not used it as the mrs required it for her job and the dog. So purchased and handed over. :(( But i got it back 3 weeks ago and decided i want to a couple of bits to the car. The car has small niggly jobs more than anything which are small cheap fixes.

A little about the car, its a 1999 Phase 306 HDI LX in Provence Blue. So nothing too exciting i actually wanted a hatchback, but at 2 owners with 67,000 on the clock, and at £1000 i couldn't say no really to this load lugger. I didnt like it at first, but to be fair i have grown to love it apart from the colour and awful interior.

Over then coming months I will be doing a few small jobs on this as its not 100% up to scratch, but it is a daily so it will just clean and useable. It was over due on a service and a cambelt, i did the service and gave the cambelt to my brother to do as he manages a garage and i was short of a few tools and to be fair im not up on oil burners. I also had to replace the droplinks urgently as the mrs had finished them off to the point they didnt knock, they banged!!

I have already managed to source some Cyclones for £100 with Toyos Proxes and some head light protectors for a bargain 99P, so i shall fit them later too. The cyclone wheels are currently silver and im looking to refurb them gunmetal grey, what do people think on that wheel colour?

Job list
1, Cambelt and water pump. DONE
2, Service. DONE
3, Droplinks. DONE
4, Source genuine Head Light Protectors DONE
5, Source genuine Fog Light Protectors.
6, Source GTI-6 Cyclones. DONE
7, Have Cyclones refurbed when sourced. SOURCED
8, Lower the car F:40mm / R:30mm.
9, Replace rear offside check strap.
10, Replace lower bumper grill
11, Replace both front fog lights
12, Source genuine Peugeot boot liner.
13, Have the dealer number plates reproduced.
14, Replace rear wiper motor.
15, Replace rear wiper arm.
16, Fix the flaking paint on the tailgate.
17, Upgrade Speakers.
18, Fit Alpine CD Player.
19, Clean engine bay.
20, Paint brake calipers.
21, Have the car machine polished.
22, Source Gear knob and replace.

A couple of car as it currently is. I will get some of interior later to show you how wonderful the 90s grey velour is. =;

Last edited by Stu83 on Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stu83

Re: Peugeot 306 LX HDI Estate (The Bus)

Postby miles1234 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:08 pm

Good choice for an everyday car , I have had 406 estates for years , they share the same HDi engine I think .Cheap to run , reliable and I bet you get decent mpg as well .
miles1234

Postby Stu83 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:58 pm

It's a cracking car Miles and been looked after for one of these. It's has the hdi 90bhp lump. It's recently developed the common injector rattle so I have got change those. Fuel wise it's about 50mpg.
Stu83

Postby Stu83 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:57 pm

So not much going on the weekend due to the poor weather, however i did manage to fit my bargain 99p headlight protectors. its the small things that make a difference.

Before

After

Stu83

Postby Stu83 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:16 pm

So i recently purchased some cyclones for the car, they were good nick but paint was shot and flat. So i decided to flat them off and ask my friend to paint them as he is a BMW paint technician. I also decided to go for a different colour

After i flatted one of them down they required very little filling they were all like this to be fair, which is always a bonus.

Then a teaser from my friend after i dropped them off to him in the week

Then today after i picked them up, got to say im pleased with the result. I will get some better pics a little later
Stu83

Return to Work in Progress (non 309)