Welcome to the International Peugeot 309 Owners Club!

• Sponsors

• Sponsors

Really need a glove box

Really need a glove box

Postby 5-door goody » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:29 pm

So started on my project again and after a few more bits needs a glove box lid #-o
5-door goody

Re: Really need a glove box

Postby arran1511 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:30 am

Don't think theres hardly a 309 out there with a decent glovebox lid, whereabouts are you in notts? am only in Loughborough. Are you on facebook too? Theres a sizeable group of "309 enthusiasts" on there too....
arran1511

Postby alargeau » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:51 am

Hi there,
We're actually thinking of reproducing some parts since we all have the same problem with some parts including the glove box lid or the clocks surround or the door bins which are most of the time broken or in bad shape. I'll let you know what comes out first but we'll have to make sure RHD and LHD models are perfectly symmetrical.
alargeau

Postby miles1234 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:38 pm

Good luck reproducing those parts , I was a mould and press tool maker for 15 years and the tooling for those parts would be costly to manufacture .
The door bins normally break around the screw holes and if someone was to lazer cut some strengthening pieces out of 2mm thick stainless to go under each of the screws that would be a cheap alternative .
If I was still in engineering I would have made some myself but we don't have any machinery at BT :-B
miles1234

Postby alargeau » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:10 pm

Yeah I know it's pricy because the project is already on the way for the door bins. I think we'll be producing 200 pairs. We also have other projects including the glove box lid and other parts. The door bins have the advantage to fit late 205s too and there's a great number of enthusiasts.
alargeau

Return to Parts - For Sale